Time: 10 minutes prep; less than 1 minute in the Thermomix
Starters, Suppers, Soups & Sides
50 grams currants
50 grams Spanish onion, diced
30 grams (2 wedges) preserved lemon, rind only, cut into small pieces (or Cheat’s Preserved Lemons)
1 x 400 gram tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
5 grams (½ bunch) mint leaves
15 grams (½ bunch) flatleaf parsley leaves
salt & ground black pepper
20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- Pour boiling water over the currants and leave them to soak.
- Place the Spanish onion in mixing bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
- Add the preserved lemon then chop 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Tear or chop the mint and parsley leaves and add to the mixing bowl. Add 60 grams of the chickpeas, seasoning and olive oil. Mix 3 seconds/speed 2.
- Add the remaining chickpeas and squeezed-out currants. Mix together 3 seconds/Reverse/speed 1.